How to update Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 to Android Pie Beta
Taiwanise smartphone maker Asus has recently opened Android Pie Beta Power User Program for Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 handset users.
Under the Power User Program by Asus, Zenfone Max Pro M1 smartphone users can update their Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 smartphone to latest Android Pie Beta operating version before Asus release the stable version for all users via OTA.
How to update Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 to Android Pie Beta :
Before going further on how to update the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 to Android Pie Beta you must meet the following prerequisites.
- If your device is Rooted or your BootLoader is Unlocked your warranty will be void & your device won’t be covered under Warranty.
- To update the above Android Pie Beta File Rooting/ BootLoader Unlocking is not required.
- Make sure that you have registered for the program to update your Max Pro M1 with the above Beta. If not then register from here.
- You must have current firmware version on your phone is on Version WW15.2016.1902.340. If your phone isn’t on the above stated firmware version you can download the latest version from here.
Follow the steps below to update your Zenfone Max Pro M1 to Android Pie :
How to update via PC :
1. Download the Android Pie update by following the dwnload Link which you have recived in the mail after signing up for the program.
2. Copy the ZIP file in the internal storage of your Phone.
3. Connect your phone to PC via micro USB cable, and copy the ZIP file to the root (Not
in any folder) directory of the phone’s internal storage. Remove the micro USB from
the phone when the file transfer is completed.
4. If the Update notification doesn’t show up, reboot your phone and check for the firmware update notification pop-up on the status bar.
Tap “System Update File Detected…” and follow the steps shown to update the firmware.
Updating to Pie from Mobile :
1. Download the file from the provided link received in mail.
2. Open Downloads Folder or the Path where you have downloaded the File, by default the path is always downloads folder.
3. Move/Copy the File to Internal Storage of your Phone.
4. Once the File is in the internal storage the update notification should arrive or else restart your phone.
Important things to know :
1. The Battery should be Minimum 30% charged before you update the device.
2. The Zip file need to be downloaded in one attempt as the file maybe corrupted if the download fails in between.
3. The current firmware version of your phone should be on 15.2016.1902.340, only then the New firmware version will be detected/Installed.
4. You can follow the same procedure as below to upgrade to .340 version